Friday, April 8, 2011

Routines



Amy over at New Nostalgia has a great post about Morning Routines which has inspired me to make my own. I use Cozi which is an awesome free online planner. Seriously. I. love. it. and. it. is. free. Winning combination in my book.

Anywhoo, I like to use that to plan out my days and make a to-do list. But I think a morning routine is just what I need to get my mornings off to the right start.

I recently checked out Life Management for Busy Women: Living Out God's Plan with Passion and Purpose from the library here and I have been going through it. Great book. One of the thing she really emphasizes as a key to success is a daily quiet time. The concept is time, first time, and early time.

In other words, you need to give time to the Lord daily, make it your first or best time, and make it early. I have always fought this concept because I am not a morning person. And I have a baby who wakes me up at night. But I really feel that she is absolutely right in this---starting your day off with quiet time, just you and the Lord before anyone else is up, is an excellent habit.

And it starts now.

I'm not going to be perfect, but I am going to make it a priority.

So here is my new morning routine:

Wake up before anyone else.
Quiet time with the Lord.
Check/revise calendar and to-do list.
Make a hot breakfast for family.
Make beds.
Eat breakfast with family/family devotional.
Get kids ready for whatever they need to do.
Reset laundry for the new day.

I'm going to try it tomorrow morning.

Do you guys have a morning routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment