Friday, April 8, 2011

He will act




Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and He will act.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday.
—Psalm 37:3-6



We are a military family facing the prospect of the government shut down and not getting paid. We are also in limbo as to whether or not we will be moving across the pacific ocean in a matter of weeks. We got rear ended a couple of days ago and my neck was sprained in the accident. Then yesterday my husbands car broke down.

All of these things have caused me to despair. To say "Why, Lord?"

I do not know the answer.

Thank God for my sweet, level-headed husband. In the face of all this he says "But there are so many wonderful things in our lives to be thankful for; let us rest in that."

And I will. I woke this morning, after having done an intensive bible study, feeling hopeful and refreshed. All my "what-ifs" have melted away into "so what? He is in control. What will be will be."

God is so good. Have faith in Him today.

My soul continually remembers it
and is bowed down within me.
But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
-Lamentations 3:20-23

No comments:

Post a Comment