Thursday, March 31, 2011

Head in the clouds


Contentment.   Some of us struggle with it (puts bag on her head).  
For me, it’s not that I am not grateful for what I have—I am.  Very.
And it’s not that I doubt that this is where God has placed me in this season of my life.  Blessedly at home.
I am so, so blessed to be able to stay at home with my children.  It’s a privilege that many women in this day and age, due to varying circumstances, do not have the privilege to do.  
But some days, I have this feeling that I need a change.  I need to get out, to stretch my wings, to realize my “potential.”   I long to return to school, or have days of leisure where I don’t hear “mommy” 10 million times an hour.
From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Ps61:2
Does anyone else struggle as I do with feeling fine just where they are?
Some days I spend so much time in the clouds, when the real sunshine is down here, in my wonderful life I am so blessed to call my own.
You make known to me the path of life;
   you will fill me with joy in your presence,
   with eternal pleasures at your right hand.  Ps 16:11
I resolve to be contented with where the Lord has placed me in this season.  To cherish the moments, the everyday moments that are fluttering by.  Before I know it, this season will end.  I want to be able to remember these blessed times.

No comments:

Post a Comment